Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Winter Warmer Leek and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Winter Warmer Leek and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some small changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to winter warmer leek and potato soup recipe. You can cook winter warmer leek and potato soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Winter Warmer Leek and Potato Soup:
- Get 4 of medium size potatoes.
- Take 1 of large leek.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- Use 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Use 50 g of butter.
- Provide 2 of vegetable stock cubes.
- Take 1 L of boiling water.
- Provide to taste of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Winter Warmer Leek and Potato Soup:
- Gather your ingredients.
- Roughly chop the leeks, carrots, onions and garlic.
- In a large pan melt the butter then add your chopped vegetables on a medium to low heat. Toss with a wooden spoon, then cover and let cook for 10 mins or until soft.
- While the chopped veg are cooking done, dice up the potatoes into small cubes.
- And dissolve the stock cubes in one liter of boiling water.
- When your pot of vegetables are softened pour in the stock mixture and potatoes.
- Bring the soup to the boil then simmer for 10 more minutes with the lid on..
- Generously season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and serve.
If you find this Winter Warmer Leek and Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.