Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Enhancing Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced sweet potato soup recipe. You can cook spiced sweet potato soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Get 500 g of sweet potatoes or yams (about 2 large ones. I used the purple skinned Japanese yams).
- Take 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of butter or olive oil.
- Get 400 ml of vegetable or other broth (I use kombu broth).
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon, more to taste.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg, more to taste.
- Get 100 ml of milk (optional).
Instructions to make Spiced Sweet Potato Soup:
- Scrub the sweet potato to remove any dirt. Peel skin if you like and cut into cubes (I used purple skinned Japanese sweet potatoes so left the skin on because I like the color and flavor). Slice the onion thin..
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a medium pot. Add the onions and saute on medium low until soft and translucent..
- Add the sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir for a minute to coat in oil and distribute the spices..
- Pour in enough broth to just cover everything. Bring to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft..
- After the sweet potatoes are soft, blend the soup with a stick blender or mixer of some sort until smooth and thick. If it's too thick, add a little more broth – or – to make it a little creamier add 100 to 200 ml milk and mix well..
- Adjust taste with salt, and more spices if you like. Serve in bowls and garnish with another dash of cinnamon, or thick yogurt, or cream..
If you find this Spiced Sweet Potato Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.