Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chunky cod and potato soup recipe. You can have chunky cod and potato soup using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chunky Cod and Potato Soup:
- Prepare 200 g of or 6-7 oz. cod or other white fish.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and cut in half.
- Provide 1/2 of onion.
- Take 3 of small potatoes or 1 large.
- Provide 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Take 2 of sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 dry.
- Get 1 cup of water.
- Use to taste of Salt & pepper,.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley.
- Use 1 Tbsp of olive oil or butter.
Instructions to make Chunky Cod and Potato Soup:
- Prep the ingredients. Peel and slice the potatoes, cut onions into thin slices and chop the parsley. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the cod into bite-sized chunks..
- In a medium pot, heat the oil or butter on medium. Add the garlic and lightly brown..
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until very soft..
- Next add the sliced potatoes, cod, thyme and white wine. Bring the wine to a boil for 1-2 minutes..
- Add about 1 cup of water or enough to cover all ingredients..
- Bring to a boil again and skim off any of the foamy stuff that comes up..
- Turn heat to low and cover the pot tightly. Simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft..
- Once everything is cooked, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in the chopped parsley. Bon appetit!.
If you find this Chunky Cod and Potato Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.