Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mandys leek and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mandys leek and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mandys leek and potato soup recipe. You can cook mandys leek and potato soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mandys leek and potato soup:
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 large of washed and finely chopped leeks.
- You need 2 medium of potatoes washed,peeled and diced.
- Get 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- Use 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Get 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Get 500 ml of milk.
- Prepare 300 ml of hot veg stock.
- Provide of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Mandys leek and potato soup:
- Peel outer layer of the leeks and finely chopped and carefully wash them to remove any soil, this can take upto 2-3 rinses.
- In a large pot add butter and heat slightly, add the cleaned leeks and saute for 5 minutes. Peel, wash and chop the potatoes add to the pot..
- Add garlic thyme and bay leaves, cook for 2-3 minutes then add stock and milk, don't over boil it. Reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes until veg are tender..
- Remove from heat and carefully blend until smooth and creamy, season to taste and serve with brown bread. Enjoy. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354442-mandys-grandmothers-famous-irish-brown-soda-bread.
If you find this Mandys leek and potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.