Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys st patricks day colcannon soup, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys st patricks day colcannon soup, gf df ef sf nf using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- You need 6 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- Provide 180 g (2 cups) of sliced leeks.
- Get 180 g (2 cups) of chopped Savoy cabbage.
- Prepare 140 g of (*2 cups) chopped kale.
- You need 3 lbs of Rooster, Maris Piper or russet potatoes, floury is best!.
- Get 1350 ml of (around 6 cups) chicken stock – I used 3 Knorr cubes.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1.5 tsp of low sodium salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Get 80 ml (1/3 cup) of coconut or heavy cream.
- Use 4 of spring onions / scallions, finely sliced.
Steps to make Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF:
- I'm not sure that the grams to cups converters are accurate because the amount of kale I used looks to me like a lot more than 2 cups… The bag I bought was around the same dimensions as the bowl in my sink which held 150g altogether. I looked at 6 different converters and each stated that 1 cup of moderately packed kale weighs 67 grams. I'm not convinced lol. Anyway….
- Melt the sunflower spread in a soup pan then add in the leeks, cabbage and kale and coat well.
- Cook covered over a low heat for around 15 minutes until wilted, stirring a few times.
- While the greens are wilting, peel the potatoes and dice into 1cm squares.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the chicken stock, bay leaves & salt. Bring up to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and falling apart.
- Take off the heat, stir in the pepper, cream and spring onions and adjust the salt if you need more. Serve with a nice crusty bread!.
If you find this Vickys St Patricks Day Colcannon Soup, GF DF EF SF NF recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.