Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato & Leek Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato & Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato & Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you’re not hypersensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health rewards. Almonds really are a natural source of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey which induces drowsiness, is available in almonds. However, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and supply a general sense of relaxation. Almonds frequently give a general increased sense of well-being.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato & leek soup recipe. You can have potato & leek soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato & Leek Soup:
- Provide 400 g of Leeks, approximately 4 to 5 medium, cleaned and dark green sections removed.
- Take 45 g of unsalted butter.
- Get of Heavy pinch salt, plus additional for seasoning.
- Use 400 g of potatoes, approximately 3small, peeled, diced finely.
- Use 1 L of vegetable stock.
- Use 250 ml of double cream.
- Use 250 ml of buttermilk.
- Use 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of snipped chives.
Steps to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Chop the leeks into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks and a heavy pinch of salt and sweat for five minutes. Decrease the heat to medium-low and cook until leeks are tender, approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potatoes and the vegetable stock, increase the heat to low, cover and gently simmer until the potatoes are soft, approximately 45minutes..
- Turn off the heat and puree the mixture with a hand blender until smooth. Stir the double cream, buttermilk, and white pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired..
- Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately, or chill and serve cold..
If you find this Potato & Leek Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.