Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything straightaway or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to moroccan sweet potato and chick pea soup recipe. To cook moroccan sweet potato and chick pea soup you need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Soup:
- You need 2 of sweet potatoes, sliced into small chunks.
- Take 1 of carrot, sliced into small chunks.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, sliced into small chunks.
- Use 200 g of chick peas, drained.
- Use 1/2 of white onion, diced.
- Provide 600 ml of veg stock (approx).
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get of Salt and pepper, for flavouring.
Instructions to make Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Soup:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the diced onion and garlic. Fry for 3 mins..
- Add the spices and fry for another minute. Then add the sweet potato, carrot and celery..
- Pour the veg stock on top, heat until boiling and then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes..
- When the veg begins to soften, add the drained chickpeas and cook for a further 10 minutes..
- Once the soup has reached softness suitable for blending, blend in batches..
- Once blended, return to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. When at a suitable temperature take off the heat and serve..
If you find this Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.