Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and mushroom soup with capers recipe. To cook potato and mushroom soup with capers you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers:
- Use 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Get 1/2 of onion, minced.
- Use 150 g of mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 splash of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Get 2 of large floury potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable broth or kombu dashi.
- Get 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 1 Tbsp of capers, chopped, to garnish.
- Use of Lemon olive oil to garnish.
Steps to make Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers:
- Melt/heat butter and oil in a medium pot. Saute the onions on medium low heat until softened..
- Add mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt & pepper, and continue to saute until mushrooms are very soft and release their juices..
- Add potatoes, mix up in the onions and mushrooms for a few minutes. Then pour in enough broth to just reach the top of the potatoes. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft..
- After potatoes are soft, stop heat and pour in milk. Blend the soup with a hand blender or mixer until creamy. If too thick, add a little bit more milk as you like..
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper if needed. Serve into bowls, garnish with chopped capers and a drizzle of lemon olive oil..
If you find this Potato and Mushroom Soup with Capers recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.