Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most likely buy many items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's potato, leek and cabbage soup recipe. To make sig's potato, leek and cabbage soup you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup:
- Get 150 grams of of vegetarian , spicy chicken flavour prices ( if making vegetarian suopl).
- Get 8 of rashers streaky smoked bacon (if making meaty soup.).
- You need 1 tbsp of oil of choice , not olive though.
- Prepare 2 medium of leeks, sliced finely and washed.
- Take 1 large of stick of celery.
- Prepare 500 grams of of a floury potato of choice.
- Prepare 1 small of savoy cabbage about 300 grams.
- Provide 2 of large handful of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2 of tablespoons of creme cheese ( philly type ).
- Take 1 1/4 liter of of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each or a little more of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of pouring cream (optional ).
Instructions to make Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup:
- In a pot deep enough to hold your soup, fry either the bacon or the vegetarian chicken pieces until they are crisped up. Take a slotted spoon and remove from pot set aside.
- In the same oil add the finely sliced leeks and sliced celery, cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes or so to soften them make sure they don't burn.
- Chopped the potatoes and add to the pot , and the stock of choice cook for another ten minutes, add the cabbage and spinach leaves then blend all together until it is a smooth soup , keep some of the darker leaves from the cabbage aside . To add shredded about five minutes before serving.
- Now add the cream cheese and the salt and pepper..
- If it is not creamy enough add some more cream cheese or a couple of tablespoons of pouring cream..
- Serve the soup with the the set aside fired pieces of choice sprinkled over the top and some toasted or crusty bread.or as here with chives and dried chilli pepper.
If you find this Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.