Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 'v' scottish leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe. To cook 'v' scottish leek and potato (tattie) soup you only need 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup:
- Use 2 tbsp of butter/margerine.
- Take 1 of garlic clove.
- Take 2 of good sized leeks (1lb).
- Get 1 of good sized potatoes (1lb).
- You need 1 of litre of veg stock.
- Provide 1/2 pints of /225mls of milk or cream.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions to make 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup:
- 1..clean and chop leeks.
- melt butter/margerine in pan and add leeks and garlic.
- fry them on low heat until leeks are soft about 10 mins.
- peel potatoes and chop into cubes.
- add all remaining ingredients to pan with exception of milk/cream bring soup to boil, then simmer until potatoes are cooked about 20mins.
- mash or blend 3/4 of soup,I like to leave it a bit chunky.
- just before serving pour milk/cream into soup and stirr well.
- if you intend to freeze do not add milk/cream to pan instead add to each soup bowl.
If you find this 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.