Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curried red lentil and potato soup recipe. To make curried red lentil and potato soup you need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped or frozen.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Get 1 of heaped tsp cinnamon.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- Take 200 ml of tinned coconut milk.
- Get 500 ml of stock – I used some chicken stock that needed using from the freezer but you could use vegetable stock here instead.
- Get 1 of potato, peeled and chopped into chunks.
- Use 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Get 1 tsp of mango chutney.
- Get 1 of heaped tbsp dessicated coconut (unsweetened).
- Provide Squeeze of lemon.
- Provide 1 tbsp of natural yoghurt – I used thick greek yoghurt. (You could leave this out if you don't have any – it will just be a little less rich and creamy.).
- Take of Salt.
- Take of Chilli flakes.
Instructions to make Curried red lentil and potato soup:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften..
- Add the spices and mix with the onion. Now add the potato and carrot and coat with the spices. Add a little stock (2-3 tbsps) to loosen the spices..
- Add the lentils and stir well. Add the coconut milk and 1/4 of the stock and stir well. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the tomato puree, dessicated coconut and mango chutney and stir well..
- Cook for 5 minutes with the lid on. Now add the rest of the stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook with the lid on for 25 minutes or until the veg and lentils are lovely and soft. Stir regularly so that the lentils don't stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup until smooth (you can serve the soup as it is before blending which will give you more of a thin dahl)..
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, yoghurt and seasoning and simmer for a few more minutes. Serve in warm bowls with some lovely fresh chunky bread – we had ours with porridge oat bread while it was still warm from the bread maker… Heaven!.
If you find this Curried red lentil and potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.