Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, just making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up carrot & coriander soup recipe. You can cook use-up carrot & coriander soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup:
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- Use 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 400 g of potato, diced.
- Provide 1 handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped. Include stalks but keep separate.
- Use 500 g of carrots, diced.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1.5 l of vegetable stock (I used “Marigold” powder but fresh stock recommended if possible).
- Use of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-high heat in a stock pan or large saucepan and fry the onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add in the potato, stir gently but thoroughly and after 1 minute stir in a few of the chopped coriander stalks, the carrots and thyme, then add the stock..
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Add in the rest of the coriander (but save a little for garnish if you want) and stir well. Season to taste..
- Transfer to a blender and whizz to your desired consistency. Return to the stock pot/saucepan and reheat. Check the seasoning..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed soup bowls, adding the coriander garnish if wished, with your choice of bread..
If you find this Use-up Carrot & Coriander Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.