Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Celeriac Soup with Truffle Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Celeriac Soup with Truffle Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to alter everything immediately or that you need to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to celeriac soup with truffle croutons recipe. To cook celeriac soup with truffle croutons you need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Celeriac Soup with Truffle Croutons:
- Take 1 of whole celeriac.
- Provide 2 of small baking potatos.
- Get 3 stalks of celery.
- Take 1 of large white onion.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic.
- Use of Vegetable bouillon.
- You need of Thyme.
- Get of Sage.
- Take of Nutmeg.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need 250 ml of skimmed milk.
- Use 1 slice of whole meal bread.
- Provide 1 tsp of truffle oil.
- Take 1 tsp of sunflower seed mix.
Instructions to make Celeriac Soup with Truffle Croutons:
- Pour a glut of vegetable oil into a large soup pan and add your chopped white onion. Sauté gently until starting to soften but don’t brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of your vegetables by peeling and chopping to a similar size and add to the pan.
- Add the chopped cloves of garlic, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, a sprig of fresh sage, a grate of nutmeg to taste and salt and pepper. Stir the herbs and seasoning around the veg for a few minutes and let the flavours come together.
- Dilute enough vegetable bouillon in boiling water to cover your veg, bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer..
- When the celeriac and potato is tender fish out the herb twigs and blend until completely smooth. I used a stick blender.
- Once blended add your milk and blend again. Check the seasoning and thickness and adjust if needed.
- Keep the soup warm on a low heat and drizzle some truffle oil on a slice of whole meal bread, cut into desired crouton size and toast until crisp..
- Ladle your soup into a bowl and top with the croutons. I also topped with a sunflower seed mix and chilli flakes.
If you find this Celeriac Soup with Truffle Croutons recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.