Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simmered root vegetables & chicken recipe. To cook simmered root vegetables & chicken you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken:
- Provide 300 g of Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into bite-size pieces.
- Get 5-6 of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms.
- Get 1 block (250 g) of Konnnyaku (Konjac).
- You need 1 of large Carrot.
- Provide 200 g of Lotus Root *thawed if frozen.
- Provide 1 of Gobō *about 100g (Almost impossible to find!).
- Use 400 g of Satoimo (small Taro) *Today I used Potatoes.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- Provide of Soup.
- Get 1 cup of Water that was used to soak Dried Shiitake.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Take 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
Steps to make Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken:
- Soak Dried Shiitake in water, drain when soft, and save water. (*Avoid the dirt and settlings.) If Shiitake are large, cut in half..
- All vegetables need to be thawed if frozen. Peel and cut into bite-size pieces. Soak Gobō and Lotus Root in water separately to remove unpleasant taste..
- Taro Potatoes need to be pre-cooked. Boil in water for a few minutes, then drain..
- Tear (or cut) Konnnyaku (Konjac) into bite-size pieces and boil in water for a few minutes, then drain..
- Heat Oil in a pot over medium heat, cook Chicken for 30 seconds, then add drained Gobō, Lotus Root, Carrot and Konnnyaku (Konjac). Stir-fry for a few minutes..
- Add Shiitake and Satoimo (Taro), and mix to combine. Add all the soup ingredients and bring to the simmer. Cover with a piece of baking paper touching the ingredients, then cover with a lid and simmer over medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the lid and baking paper, and keep cooking, occasionally tossing, until the sauce is almost gone..
- When you serve, you can add some blanched Snow Peas, and arrange the dish decoratively. *Note: This dish can be served cold..
If you find this Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.