Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek & Celery Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek & Celery Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & celery soup recipe. You can cook leek & celery soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Leek & Celery Soup:
- Provide 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, preferably cold-pressed.
- Use 1 of small onion (I used red onion coz had one spare), chopped.
- Use 1 of leek, washed and thinly sliced.
- You need 3-4 sticks of celery, chopped with leaves set aside for Step 6.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 100 g of new potatoes, diced.
- Get 1 1/2 litre of vegetable stock (I used Marigold powder).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Use of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Use 100 ml of low-fat crème fraiche.
Instructions to make Leek & Celery Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-high heat in a stock pot or large saucepan and fry the onion for 2 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the leek and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the celery, garlic and potato and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes or until the leeks are soft but not browned, stirring occasionally..
- Add the stock and stir gently but thoroughly. Add the bay leaves, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are nicely softened, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaves..
- Move the pan off the heat, season to taste, whizz to the desired consistency (or, as I chose to do, leave it unwhizzed) and then stir in the crème fraîche..
- Return to the heat and quickly bring the soup to piping hot but not boiling point and serve into warmed soup bowls. Garnish with the set-aside celery leaves..
- Serve with granary bread or crusty rolls – if you’re allowing yourself the carbs!.
If you find this Leek & Celery Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.