Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up vegetable soup recipe. You can cook use-up vegetable soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- Get 1 tbsp of cold-pressed vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of deseeded red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chili, with seeds, chopped.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 2 of courgettes, in small chunks.
- Provide 1 of sweet potato, peeled & chopped.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, chopped small.
- Provide 1 kg of tomatoes, chopped with cores removed.
- Take 2 tsp of sugar.
- Use 2 litres of vegetable stock (I use either Knorr stock pots or “Marigold” powder.).
- Take 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Provide of Salt (I always use Maldon sea salt coz it’s local but normal salt is fine.).
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Use of Coriander to garnish (optional – I didn’t on this occasion).
Steps to make Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-heat in a stock pot or large saucepan with a strong base..
- Fry the onions for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the pepper, garlic, chili and celery and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently. Add the courgettes and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the sweet potato and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the carrot and then add the tomatoes, stirring gently but thoroughly. After 2-3 minutes stir in the sugar..
- Then add the stock. Stir all thoroughly and add in the oregano, smoked paprika, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally and then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste..
- Whizz in a blender to your desired consistency and serve piping hot..
- Garnish with chopped coriander if wished..
If you find this Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.