Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Use-up Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up chicken soup recipe. You can cook use-up chicken soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Use-up Chicken Soup:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 2 of onions, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Use 3 of carrots, diced.
- Take 1 of large potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 3/4 litres of chicken stock. I’d already made some from the chicken carcass and topped up with a stock cube diluted in boiling water.
- You need 250 g of leftover cooked chicken, in smallish pieces.
- You need of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of zatar.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Use Handful of dried pasta. I used up some Trofie I’d got in, otherwise any pasta you like but broken into small pieces. Use 2 handfuls of pasta if you want an even bulkier soup.
Steps to make Use-up Chicken Soup:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the onion for 3 minutes to soften but not brown..
- Add the garlic, stir and gently fry for another minute. Then add the carrots, gently stir again and fry for a further 2 minutes. Then add the potato, fry on a slightly higher heat for another 2 minutes, stirring thoroughly but gently to avoid sticking..
- Add the stock, about 1/2 litre at a time, whilst continuing to stir. When all the stock is in, add a little salt, some black pepper and the herbs. Give it all a good stir and bring to the boil..
- Reduce to a fast simmer, add the chicken, stir again to mix well and cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the pasta and continue to cook on a fast simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is how you like it. I go for al dente plus one minute. Remove and discard the bay leaves, taste and add further seasoning if wished..
- Serve piping hot. Granary bread or a crusty roll is a pleasant accompaniment but, with the pasta included, the soup by itself is pretty filling..
If you find this Use-up Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.