Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ultimate macaroni and cheese recipe. To make ultimate macaroni and cheese you need 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese:
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 of large onions sliced.
- You need 250 grams of macaroni or pasta.
- Use 1.5 litres of water.
- Use 70 grams of cheddar grated.
- Get 1 of mozzarella ball in to chunks.
- Provide 30 grams of grated parmersan.
- Get 6 of rashes of bacon sliced or 100 grams of chorizo sliced.
- You need 600 ml of full fat milk.
- Use 1 bunch of asparagus chopped.
- You need 3 of tomatoes sliced.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Provide 2 of heaped tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 slices of white bread blitzed.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic diced.
- Take 20 grams of butter.
- Use of Optional 1 tsp of whole grain mustard.
Instructions to make Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese:
- In a large pan heat and season the water with salt, bring to the boil, add the pasta. Simmer for 5 – 8 minutes until Al-dente! Drain and save some of the pasta water a cup full for later..
- In a large frying pan or casserole dish add about 30 grams of butter and heat. Slice the onion then add it too the pan. We need to slowly let these soften and caramelise. It takes about 15 minutes but whilst this is happening we can prepare the rest of the ingredients..
- Grate the cheese..
- Chop up the asparagus, slice the onions and bacon. (Or chorizo pictured here).
- Keep stirring the onions whilst prepping so the caramelise well..
- Once the onions have caramelised turn the heat down to low stir in the flour. Add the milk and Worcestershire sauce and the optional mustard!.
- Bring the heat back up and stir until it thickens, then reduce the heat once more to low..
- Throw in the cheese stirring again. And the pasta. Check for season and adjust accordingly. I like lots of black pepper..
- Make sure you coat all the pasta and add the cup full of the pasta water too!.
- Add the asparagus and transfer to a casserole dish!.
- Top with tomatoes and put it in the oven at 180 Degrees for 20 – 30 minutes until It’s bubbling..
- In a frying pan melt the remaining butter. Chop the garlic..
- Add the bacon (chorizo) and fry until golden. Blitz 2 slices of stale bread with a hand blender until fine bread crumbs..
- Give it a good blitz..
- Once the bacon has gone golden, add the bread crumbs and coat them with the lovely butter until crispy..
- Lift the macaroni out of the oven, serve with a green salad and top with bread crumbs! Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.