Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. Even more crucial than wholly modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pan mee soup recipe. To cook pan mee soup you only need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Use 500 g of minced meat.
- Use 1/2 cup of minced garlic.
- Get 1/4 cup of dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces).
- Provide 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- Get 1/2 cup of sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid).
- Use 1/2 cup of dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly).
- Get 2 cups of pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach).
- Take 2 of anchovy/fish bouillon cubes.
- Provide 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Provide To taste of soy sauce.
- Take To taste of salt.
- Use To taste of white pepper.
- Get To taste of sugar.
- Provide of Optional: eggs/tofu.
- You need of Egg/rice noodles.
Instructions to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1/2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the mixture and set aside..
- In the pot with the remaining 1/4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup..
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired..
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired.
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings – minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top.
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.