Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Energy.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
When looking for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Occasionally people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. It contains a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Try including some nutritious nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This decreases your sugar intake without lowering the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe. To cook penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) you only need 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce):
- Take of For cooking the pasta:.
- Provide 220 g of Penne Pasta.
- Get 6-7 cups of water (cooking the pasta).
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt (water should be as salty as the sea).
- Use of For the Arrabiata sauce:.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of soft unsalted butter (optional).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 2 of medium onions, 1 grated, 1 finely diced.
- Use Pinch of dry Thyme.
- Provide Pinch of dry Basil.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of dry chilli flakes (add as much or as little depending on preference).
- Use 1 clove of garlic, sliced into thin pieces or finely minced (depending on preference).
- You need 5 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Get 1 can of tin chopped tomato.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Get of Season with salt and black pepper.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of white sugar.
- Get 2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 4 tablespoons of pasta water (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Get of For garnish:.
- You need of Parmesan cheese, finely grated.
- Use 2 of fresh basil leaves (optional).
Steps to make Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce):
- In a pot on medium high heat, bring water to a boil. Once the water has boiled, add the salt and pasta. Cook the pasta for approximately 14 minutes (or until cooked)..
- In the meantime while the pasta cooks, grate one onion and dice the other one. Thinly slice the garlic..
- On medium heat in a large pan or wok, add the butter and let it melt (if using, optional otherwise miss butter step out and jump to *olive oil). When butter has almost dissolved, add the extra virgin olive oil. If not using butter add *more extra virgin oil. Stir to incorporate the butter and olive oil together for about 30 seconds..
- Add the grated onions to the pan and stir. Add a pinch of thyme and basil to the pan and mix together to release flavours of herbs. Now add chilli flakes and stir together well..
- Add the diced onions and sauté until soft and translucent. Now add the garlic and stir. If using cherry tomatoes, add it now. Cook until tomatoes are soft and bursting in the pan..
- Now add the tinned tomatoes, water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly until well incorporated. Add sugar and Tabasco and mix well. Let the sauce continue to simmer on high heat..
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced, turn heat down to very low for another 5 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust if needed (add more salt, pepper or sugar depending on preference). Now go back to the pasta. Taste and see pasta is to desired texture. It should be served al dente, or chewy..
- With a slotted spoon incorporate the penne into the sauce, add a ladle of the pasta liquid (to help loosen the pasta), drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper (optional). Thoroughly mix and coat all of pasta and sauce together..
- Transfer the pasta onto a serving bowl and grate parmesan cheese over the top. Add 2 basil leaves (optional) on top as garnish. Serve and eat immediately while hot..
If you find this Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.