Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 🌶️ teddy's indonesian sambal goreng (spicy coconut curried vegetables w tempeh) recipe. To make 🌶️ teddy's indonesian sambal goreng (spicy coconut curried vegetables w tempeh) you only need 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh):
- Get of A) INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET FRIED TEMPEH (can also be eaten separately with salads as a protein topping).
- Take of For 2 -3 servings.
- Provide of □ 1 packet of tempeh (200g), cut into size of Lego bricks approx 1.25"x 0.5".
- Use of □ ¼ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take of □ ½ tsp of coriander powder.
- Take of □ ¾ tbsp of palm sugar or grated Gula Melaka.
- Take of □ 1 calamansi lime.
- Take of □ Salt.
- Take of □ Olive oil spray.
- You need of □ 2½ tbsp of virgin olive oil.
- Take of B) INGREDIENTS FOR SPICE PASTE OR 'THE REMPAH'.
- Use of □ 3/4 cup of shallots, halved (about 8 -12 pcs).
- Prepare of □ 4 -5 cloves of garlic, approx 2 tbsp.
- Prepare of □ One finger of turmeric, 1.25" x 0.5” x 0.5”.
- Use of □ 2 tbsp of galangal or two slices 2” x 1”.
- Provide of □ 2 stalks of lemongrass, the white part only, roughly chopped, approx. 3 tbsp.
- Prepare of □ 2 slices of ginger, 1.5"x 1".
- Take of □ 1/4 tsp of limes zest.
- Use of □ 3 kaffir lime leaves (optional).
- Get C. of INGREDIENTS TO COOK SAMBAL GORENG.
- Take of □ Rempah or Spice Paste (From B).
- You need of □ 2½ cups of long beans, 1.5" pieces, cut at an angle.
- Prepare of □ 150g or about 2 cups of white button mushroom, quartered.
- Provide of □ 2 red chilies, sliced bias cut and deseeded with a teaspoon.
- Provide of □ 1/3 cup of Sambal Tumis (from previous recipe).
- Use of □ 1/2 cup of coconut milk + extra.
- Prepare of □ 1 cup tamarind juice made from loosening 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp in water and strained.
- Get of □ Juice of 2 calamansi limes, remove any seeds.
- You need of □ ½ tbsp of palm sugar or Gula Melaka + some extra to taste.
- Use of □ Pan-fried sweet tempeh (From A).
- Get of □ 1/3 cup of baked unsalted cashews.
- Get of □ Salt.
- Take of □ Oil.
Steps to make 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh):
- A. FRY UP TEMPEH 1. Bring a non-stick pan to medium – medium high heat. Add a light coat of oil and fry tempeh cubes with a fine dusting of salt until slightly charred or when 80 -85% of white in tempeh is no longer visible (about 10 to 15 mins) Note: Spray in more oil when it gets too dry and use a pair of tongs or chopsticks to regularly turn tempeh over to ensure even charring..
- 2. Set timer to 12 mins and cover with coriander, turmeric and another fine dusting of salt. Fry for 3 to 4 mins turning tempeh over for even coating. 3. Now add palm sugar on top. Note: if using moist or sticky palm sugar, separate clumps with fingers first and sprinkle evenly over tempeh in pan..
- 4. Squeeze in juice of lime. Toss and stir rapidly to distribute and coat sugar evenly across tempeh blocks. Fry for another 3 to 5 mins until almost all of the white is gone and the sugar has caramelized into dark glittery caramelized spots. A crisp charred ‘standalone’ tempeh is ready to be eaten as a snack, kept in fridge as protein for salads or made into Sambal Goreng as with this recipe..
- B. MAKE SPICE PASTE OR REMPAH 1. Blend all ingredients until a smooth paste. Add small amounts of water to ease the process. Reminder: Hardy root vegetables/ rhizomes like galangal should be cut into small pieces first before blending, so there are no long fibrous strands when eating..
- C. COOK SAMBAL GORENG 1. Bring a wok to medium high heat and add 3.5 tbsp of oil. 2. Fry spice paste until fragrant and cooked through, 5 to 12 mins. Normally we wait for the oil to break and float, but here (because of the healthier use of less oil) it’s enough when the spice paste turns clumpy, dry, aromatic and just before it burns to proceed with the next step..
- 3. Drop in the long beans, mushrooms and sliced chilies, spray in a small amount of oil and stir-fry with a ½ tsp of salt for 2 to 5 mins until sliced chilies slightly soften. 4. Then add the Sambal Tumis, coat well and fry for 2 to 3 mins until fragrant. 5. Now add tamarind water, lime juice, coconut milk and palm sugar. Cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 mins to allow veggies time to soften and cook through..
- 6. Add fried tempeh back into the mix with cashews, stir and reduce to a bubbling simmer for 5 mins. Slowly add salt to taste. 7. Cook until almost all the liquid evaporates or when a thick creamy gravy emerges coating the veggies. Adjust for taste further with 1 tbsp of coconut milk each time or some palm sugar to sweeten. 8.(Optional) Garnish with sliced red chilies before serving..
If you find this 🌶️ Teddy's Indonesian Sambal Goreng (Spicy Coconut Curried Vegetables w Tempeh) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.