Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Tom Yum Goong recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tom Yum Goong recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tom Yum Goong recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably pick out a lot of items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tom yum goong recipe. You can cook tom yum goong using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tom Yum Goong:
- Use 1.5 l of water.
- Provide 4 stalks of lemongrass.
- You need 1 of in chunk galangal.
- You need 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 10 of bird's eye chillies.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Use 1/2 of chicken.
- Provide 300 g of oyster mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of white onions (medium sized).
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 8-12 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 8-12 tbsp of lime juice (10 – 15 limes).
- Use Handful of cilantro.
Steps to make Tom Yum Goong:
- Boil water. While waiting, squeeze the limes..
- Take your lemongrass and strip away the outermost layer. Lightly pound them using the pestle then diagonal chop them up into 1in strips..
- Take 1 thumb sized piece of galangal and chop them into slices..
- Tear up the kaffir lime leaves to release the flavour. Peel the 5 cloves of garlic..
- Chop off the heads of the chillies, then lightly pound them..
- Once the water is boiling, throw the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and chillies into the pot..
- After about 10 minutes, add in the chicken (original recipe used prawns) to boil and turn the fire to low..
- Then add the oyster mushrooms which you can slice into smaller pieces..
- Take the 2 roma tomatoes and white onions, and chop them into wedges..
- Boil the Tom Yum for 2 – 3 minutes..
- Add about 8 tbsp of fish sauce and 2 tsp of sugar..
- Boil for another minute or two, then turn off the heat. Then add the about 8 tbsp of lime juice..
- Taste test the soup. Feel free to add more lime juice, fish sauce or sugar if necessary..
- Lastly, add in the cilantro. Soup is now ready to be served..
If you find this Tom Yum Goong recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.