Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy eggplant mapo tofu (un-stir fried eggplant and tofu) recipe. To make spicy eggplant mapo tofu (un-stir fried eggplant and tofu) you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu):
- Provide 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- You need 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- Provide of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- Get of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- Get of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- Take 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- Use 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- Take of Mushrooms powder.
- Provide of Soy sauces.
- Use 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare of Water.
Steps to make Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu):
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it..
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu..
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled..
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender..
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat..
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy 😊.
If you find this Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.