Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Healing Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Healing Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healing Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healing soup recipe. You can cook healing soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Healing Soup:
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onions.
- Use 3/4 cup of sliced leeks.
- Use 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Take 1 tablespoon of minced lemongrass.
- Use 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of better then boullian.
- Get 8 ounces of cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is great).
- You need 1 cup of pearl couscous.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a lemon.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
Steps to make Healing Soup:
- Heat one tablespoon of the stock in 4 to 5 quart Dutch oven of stock pot over medium. When it begins to sizzle, add the onions, leeks,carrots,and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are soft, about six minutes. Stir in the ginger, lemongrass, and garlic, and heat until aromatic. Sprinkle the turmeric over the vegetables and stir..
- Add the stock, chicken, and couscous, and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to to maintain a gentle simmer, cook for 15 minutes. Squeeze the half lemon into the soup, taste, and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Top with parsley before serving..
- Enjoy !.
If you find this Healing Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.