Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut chicken curry recipe. To make thai coconut chicken curry you need 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Prepare of Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only.
- Get 4 knobs of fresh turmeric, skin peeled.
- Use 7 cloves of Garlic, skin peeled.
- Get 1 of large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs.
- You need 3 of Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half.
- Provide 2 stalks of Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces.
- Provide 5 of Thai green chilies.
- Prepare 4 of Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise.
- Take 3 of boneless chicken thighs (skin on).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Get 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Use 1/4 cup of curry paste.
- You need 1 1/4 of cup(ish) coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of broccoli tops.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- Get Handful of Basil.
- Get Squeeze of lime juice.
- Provide of Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well).
Steps to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin..
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste..
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste..
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color..
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes..
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness.
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through..
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!.
If you find this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.