Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Veggie Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A piece of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
If you’re not hypersensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are often considered a super food because they’re packed full of things which help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. These kinds of nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They actually do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts unwind the muscles and provide a general sense of peace. Your emotional state can sometimes be lifted simply by eating almonds.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to veggie pasta bake recipe. You can have veggie pasta bake using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Take 750 g of Penna Pasta.
- Prepare of Olive oil (max 3 tablespoons only), plus extra for drizzling.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide of Sauce.
- Use 2 cans of plum tomatoes (400g each).
- Get 1 jar of pasta bolognese sauce (500g).
- Use 1/4 cup of water.
- Provide 1 tsp of Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme).
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of green chillies halved, lengthwise (medium spice level).
- Prepare 1-1.5 tbsp of sugar.
- Provide of Fresh basil (leave some for garnish).
- Prepare of VEGGIES + SAUSAGES (dry-fried/grilled & baked).
- Use of Vegetarian sausages (I used Cauldron brand).
- Get 1 of courgette/zuchinni, chopped round then into half moons.
- Provide 1 of Aubergine (medium-large), cut vertically- see pics below.
- Get 1 pack of button mushrooms, washed and medium chopped.
- Take 120 g of pack Spinach, washed.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion.
- Provide 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Provide of Fresh basil.
- Provide of Cheddar and mozarella, shredded/grated.
- You need of Olive oil for drizzling.
Instructions to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius- for sausages and courgette later.
- For the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then add chopped garlic, 3 green chillies, halved. Cook until garlic is browned.
- Turn up heat slightly. Add in 2 cans of plum tomatoes, 1 jar bolognese sauce, pinch of salt, italian herbs and fresh basil. Add 1/4 cup water. Mix all until sauce comes to a boil. Then lower heat, cover and let simmer over low-medium heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Cook pasta as per pack instructions with 1 tbsp oil and salt. Drain when ready..
- While pasta sauce is simmering for the next 25 mins, put sausages in pre-heated oven. Bake as per pack instructions (mine were 20 mins). Cut courgettes into half moons. Bake for 10 mins. (I put mine in the same baking pan as the sausages and just removed them earlier, allowing sausages to finish baking). Once baked, cut sausages. Set courgettes and sausages aside..
- Cut your aubergine lengthwise. In a separate pan, on medium heat (NO OIL), place aubergine and allow to dry-fry for 7-10 mins on each side, turning occasionally, until they become slightly charred- see pic. Remove and set aside..
- Slice red onion thinly. In same pan, on medium heat, add half tbsp oil and sliced red onions. When they start to wilt, add 1tsp balsamic vinegar (see pic). This will give them a sweet taste! Allow to caramelise slightly. Remove and set aside..
- In same pan, cook your mushrooms until no longer watery. Set aside..
- Pasta tomato sauce should be ready and reduced by now. Add 1tbsp sugar to balance the taste. Mix. Add drained pasta to sauce together with the courgettes, mushrooms, sausages. Mix all. Add spinach, cover for 2 mins to allow it to wilt. Uncover. Stir all for 1 min. Remove from heat..
- Assemble! Grease your baking dish with a spray of olive oil. Pour the mixed pasta. Top with the caramelised red onions and charred aubergine. Finish with grated cheddar and mozarella all over. Add basil for garnish. See pic..
- Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 mins, until golden. Enjoy and bon appetit!.
If you find this Veggie Pasta Bake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.