Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/hainan chicken rice) recipe. To cook khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/hainan chicken rice) you only need 39 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice):
- Prepare of Seasoning for the rice:.
- You need 3 cups of uncooked Jasmine rice, washed and rinsed.
- Use 1 inch of section of ginger, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Use 3 cups of reserved chicken poaching broth to cook rice (enough to cover).
- You need of Chicken seasoning:.
- Get 1 of whole chicken (preferably corn fed or organic).
- Provide 1-2 tablespoon of coarse sea salt.
- Get 2 tablespoons of fine sea salt.
- Provide 6 slices of fresh ginger – roughly 0.5cm thick.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onions, cut into 1 inch length.
- Get 1 of white onion, sliced in quarters.
- You need of For the soup:.
- Use of Chinese chicken soup herbal mix (Zheng Feng brand).
- Provide of Enough water to cover the chicken plus extra for the rice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white rice or shaoshing wine.
- Use 1 tablespoon of powdered chicken stock.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- Get 1 stalk of Spring onions.
- Take of To taste, white ground pepper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- You need of Salt to taste (optional).
- Take of Top up warm water from kettle, to cover the chicken.
- Use 1/2 of Mooli, sliced into 0.5cm thick half moon slices.
- Get Handful of button or shiitake mushrooms.
- You need of For the ginger spring onion dipping sauce oil:.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil or groundnut oil.
- Use 2 tablespoon of finely chopped ginger.
- Use 3 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fine salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Use 1 tablespoon of soup liquid.
- You need of For the chilli dipping sauce (use either one of the below):.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of Singapore chilli sauce (Yep's brand).
- Use 2-3 tablespoons of Chilli garlic sauce (Hwa Nan brand).
- You need of Serving:.
- Provide 1/2 of cucumber, thinly sliced (accompany the dish & soup, optional).
- Prepare 1/2 of boiled egg per serving, optional.
Steps to make Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice):
- Prepare the seasoning for the rice. Wash and rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Set aside until broth from chicken can be added to cook the rice..
- Clean the chicken with a small amount of coarse sea salt and rub all over getting rid of any loose skin and dirt. Rinse off salt from the chicken and pat dry with a kitchen towel, it should now be glistening..
- Now massage the chicken generously inside and outside using fine sea salt. Stuff the chicken with the ginger slices, garlic and spring onions..
- Place the chicken in a large stockpot and fill with cold water to cover above by 1 inch. Bring the pot to a boil over high heat. Scum will form and the impurities need to be removed. Add the chicken herbal mix, along with the rice wine, powdered chicken stock, light soya sauce, spring onion stalk, ground white pepper, sesame oil and salt (optional). Stir to incorporate all of the ingredients..
- Reduce the heat to low to simmer the chicken slowly. If any further scum forms, remove the impurities. Simmer for about 30. Now taste the broth and amend taste as necessary (add more soya sauce, white pepper, salt etc)..
- I use a rice cooker to make my rice. For the amount of cups used, use a 50/50 ratio of water and chicken broth ladled into the rice pot. Place pot in the rice cooker and cook the rice on normal setting. Alternately, use a saucepan to cook the rice until all the stock water is absorbed and steamed..
- In the meantime while the chicken and rice is cooking, make the ginger and spring onion oil sauce. Combine the chopped ginger and spring onion in a bowl and add the vegetable oil, sesame oil, salt, a little soup stock and mix..
- Pour out the chilli sauce dip into a small serving bowl. Slice the cucumber and place it onto the table along with both the dipping sauces..
- Add the mooli to the pot and cook until soft and translucent. Cook chicken for a further 20 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken). To check if the chicken is cooked insert a sharp knife into the flesh under the leg the thickest part of the thigh to see if the juices run clear. If it runs clear, the chicken is ready..
- When the chicken is cooked through, lift and transfer the chicken onto a large plate. Discard the onion, ginger and green onion stuffing. Carve or shred the chicken for serving and place in a large onto a large serving bowl. Place in the middle of the table so everyone can serve themselves..
- Check on the rice and using a rice spatula, fluff up the rice and taste it to see if it is at desired texture. Then serve the rice into individual bowls..
- In individual soup bowls ladle the broth..
- Serve and eat the sliced chicken with the bowl of rice, soup, dipping sauces, sliced cucumber (optional) and half an boiled egg (optional)..
If you find this Khao man gai – (วิธีทำข้าวมันไก่/Hainan chicken rice) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.