Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Turnip Cake recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Turnip Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turnip Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything at once or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turnip cake recipe. You can have turnip cake using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Turnip Cake:
- You need 900 g of daikon.
- Use 2 of Chinese sausages.
- Take 4 of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 70 g of rice flour.
- Get 70 g of corn starch.
- Take 200 ml of daikon + mushroom water.
- You need 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Get of Seasoning (ingredient mix).
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of cooking wine.
- Get of (For the daikon).
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
Instructions to make Turnip Cake:
- Soak the dried mushrooms for 3 hours. Squeeze out water, remove the stems and cut into small dices.
- Steam the Chinese sausages for 10 minutes and cut into small dices.
- Peel and grate half of the daikon and cut the other half into thick slices(optional). Squeeze water out from the grated daikons and reserve for later use.
- Add sausages to a cold wok and let the fat render. Add the mushrooms and seasoning, then sauté for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic until fragrant. Add the daikons, lid on and cook over medium heat for around 10 minutes or until soften.
- Meanwhile, mix rice flour, corn starch with water (use the residual water from the daikon and from soaking the mushrooms). Add water if the liquid doesn’t make up 200 ml.
- Season the daikons, add the ingredient mix and sauté for a few minutes.
- Lower heat then slowly pour in the batter over a strainer to remove any lumps. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Grease a baking pan/ aluminium tray with oil then pour the batter in. Make sure the batter is pressed into the pan and the surface is flat.
- Cover with cling film/ tinfoil and steam for 45-60 minutes. Refrigerate overnight and serve pan-fried or steamed.
If you find this Turnip Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.