Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Strategy to Track Your Food.
When you begin a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food record in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Tracking all of the food you consume may help you figure out which foods you will be eating as well as which foods you are not eating enough of. For example, when you keep a food log for a few days you could notice that while you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. When you write every little thing down you can see which parts of your diet must change as well as have a lot easier time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
But let’s say you write every little thing down but no excess weight drop off of you? There is a right way and a incorrect way to track your food. There is more to food journaling than writing a listing of what you eat during the day. You must write down other important pieces of information as well. Here are a number of points that you can make use of to help your food tracking be more successful.
Write down how you feel while you eat. This can show you whether you use food to solve emotional issues. It also makes it possible to see plainly which foods you tend to choose if you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach intuitively for junk food when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to choose healthy options when we feel happy or content. When you focus on how you eat in the course of your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. To cook vidalia french onion soup you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- Provide 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- Get 2 ounces of butter.
- Get 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- You need 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Provide 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- Get 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Provide of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Instructions to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.