Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate before.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to babi kecap (indonesian braised pork) recipe. You can have babi kecap (indonesian braised pork) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork):
- Provide 1 kg of pork belly.
- Provide 6-7 of dried shiitake mushrooms (cut to smaller pieces).
- Use 3-4 of boiled eggs.
- Provide 1/2 pack of fried tofu cut into half.
- You need 1/2 cup of semi dried shrimps.
- Get 6-7 cloves of garlic (lightly crushed).
- Prepare 2-3 cm of ginger (sliced).
- Prepare 2-3 of chilli (optional).
- You need 3 of star anise.
- Use 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Sauces.
- Get 2 tsp of five (5) spice.
- Get 4 tbsp of kecap manis (sweet soy).
- Use 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 2 cubes of chicken stock.
- Take of Salt (to your liking).
- Use of Pepper (to your liking).
- Provide 2-3 cups of water for pressure cooker or 4-5 cups for slow cook.
Instructions to make Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork):
- Semi dried shrimps, fried tofu, shiitake mushroom can be found from your local Asian groceries store..
- Heat sesame oil on a deep pan (or pressure cooker pan). Add in garlic, ginger, star anise, and semi dried shrimps saute until aromatic and garlic turn golden brown..
- Add in pork belly fry for a little bit, until pork change colour..
- Add in all ingredients for sauces (except salt and pepper), add in water just enough to cover the meat (2-3 cups). Cook in pressure cooker for 15-20 mins..
- If no pressure cooker add in the cook boiled eggs and tofu as well, and used 4-5 cups of water, bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 45mins (uncovered)..
- (If using pressure cooker), after pork belly cooked for 15-20mins in pressure cooker, add in eggs and tofu simmer for another 10-15 mins. Taste the braised pork and adjust to your liking, add in salt and pepper as needed and add more kecap manis for adding the sweet and savory taste to the dish..
- Turned off the heat and your braised pork is ready to serve..
If you find this Babi Kecap (Indonesian Braised Pork) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.