Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simmered root vegetables & chicken recipe. To cook simmered root vegetables & chicken you need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken:
- Use 300 g of Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into bite-size pieces.
- You need 5-6 of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms.
- Provide 1 block (250 g) of Konnnyaku (Konjac).
- Prepare 1 of large Carrot.
- Get 200 g of Lotus Root *thawed if frozen.
- Provide 1 of Gobō *about 100g (Almost impossible to find!).
- Get 400 g of Satoimo (small Taro) *Today I used Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Soup.
- You need 1 cup of Water that was used to soak Dried Shiitake.
- Take 2 tablespoon of Mirin.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
Steps to make Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken:
- Soak Dried Shiitake in water, drain when soft, and save water. (*Avoid the dirt and settlings.) If Shiitake are large, cut in half..
- All vegetables need to be thawed if frozen. Peel and cut into bite-size pieces. Soak Gobō and Lotus Root in water separately to remove unpleasant taste..
- Taro Potatoes need to be pre-cooked. Boil in water for a few minutes, then drain..
- Tear (or cut) Konnnyaku (Konjac) into bite-size pieces and boil in water for a few minutes, then drain..
- Heat Oil in a pot over medium heat, cook Chicken for 30 seconds, then add drained Gobō, Lotus Root, Carrot and Konnnyaku (Konjac). Stir-fry for a few minutes..
- Add Shiitake and Satoimo (Taro), and mix to combine. Add all the soup ingredients and bring to the simmer. Cover with a piece of baking paper touching the ingredients, then cover with a lid and simmer over medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the lid and baking paper, and keep cooking, occasionally tossing, until the sauce is almost gone..
- When you serve, you can add some blanched Snow Peas, and arrange the dish decoratively. *Note: This dish can be served cold..
If you find this Simmered Root Vegetables & Chicken recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.