Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lu Rou Fan (滷肉饭 – Taiwanese braised pork rice bowl) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lu Rou Fan (滷肉饭 – Taiwanese braised pork rice bowl) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, do not forget about yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. You can not beat yogurt any time it comes to a wholesome snack though. It is a protein-rich resource of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lu rou fan (滷肉饭 – taiwanese braised pork rice bowl) recipe. You can have lu rou fan (滷肉饭 – taiwanese braised pork rice bowl) using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lu Rou Fan (滷肉饭 – Taiwanese braised pork rice bowl):
- Provide of For the eggs:.
- Get 6 of eggs.
- Use of Water, enough to cover the eggs (to boil the eggs).
- Get of Searing pork belly:.
- You need 1 kg of pork belly, sliced into 1inch chunks (butchers or supermarket).
- Use 1 teaspoon of cooking oil (optional, if pork belly does not have enough fat).
- Prepare of For the marinade in muslin:.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 3 of staranise.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of thick ginger slices.
- Take 3 stalks of spring onions.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Sichuan peppercorns.
- Use of For the stockpot:.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (any oil of preference).
- You need 3 of ginger pieces, sliced.
- Take 2 of white onions, cut into chunks.
- Take 5-7 of carrots, sliced.
- Take 5-6 of shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and finely sliced.
- Get 2 teaspoons of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Taiwanese salt & pepper mix (optional).
- Take 1/2 cup of light soy sauce.
- Use 1/3 cup of dark soy sauce.
- Take 1/4 of & 1/3 cup Shaoshing rice wine (1/4 added at start, 1/3 added part way through).
- Get 60 g of rock sugar (use more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 1 dash of sesame oil (pure or blended).
- Prepare of Cornflour mixture (1 tablespoon cornflour, 1/2 teaspoon water mixed, thickens sauce, optional).
- Get of Garnish:.
- Use of Spring onions, finely sliced (optional).
Steps to make Lu Rou Fan (滷肉饭 – Taiwanese braised pork rice bowl):
- For the eggs, in a large pot on medium heat. Bring it to a boil and add the eggs into the pot. Set timer to cook eggs as per preference. Tip: cook eggs for 5 minutes for soft boiled, 7 minutes for almost set, 10 minutes for hard boiled. Once cooked immediately transfer eggs to a large mixing bowl filled with ice cold water to stop it cooking. Set aside..
- Cut the pork belly (I used butchers pork) slices into 1/2 inch thickness. In a medium size pan, on medium heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute and add the pork belly slices. Tip: if pork belly does not have enough fat content add oil when searing meat). Cook and sear meat until it has browned..
- In a muslin (optional) add the dry ingredients, ginger slices, garlic cloves, bay leaves, Sichuan peppercorns. Then tie up the muslin securely and set aside..
- In a stockpot on medium heat add oil, then add the onions and ginger slices, sauté for a 3 minutes until onions are slightly soft. Add the pork belly slices, muslin (dry spices) and stir..
- Let the flavours infuse in the pot for a few minutes. Then add the carrots and shiitake mushrooms. Incorporate all of the ingredients well, for the aromas to be released. Add enough water to cover the pork, along with the dark soy, light soy, 1/4 cup shaoshing and a dash of sesame oil. Stir, add the rock sugar and mix well. Let the rock sugar dissolve, taste the sauce and adjust as needed (add more rock sugar or soy) and let it simmer for 15 minutes with a lid on..
- Remove the lid, stir all of the ingredients together. Cover again with a lid and let it simmer for another 20 minutes. After second simmer add 1/3 cup shaoshing rice wine. Stir well to incorporate into mixture. Add the pre boiled eggs and reduce the heat to low. Now let it simmer for another 20 minutes to let the eggs marinade and for the meat to become soft and tender. Turn the eggs every so often to fully coat all over..
- The sauce will slowly reduce and the meat will become soft and tender. Tip: If the sauce is loose, add a small amount of cornflour mixture to thicken it. Once the sauce has reduced and the meat is tender turn off heat and serve immediately while hot..
- Place rice in a bowl and ladle over the meat and sauce. Remove an egg from the pot, carefully peel egg as it will be hot. Once the shell has been removed, cut egg in half. Garnish with spring onions on top (if adding to dish)..
If you find this Lu Rou Fan (滷肉饭 – Taiwanese braised pork rice bowl) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.