Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smokey Squash, Chorizo and Red Pepper linguine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smokey Squash, Chorizo and Red Pepper linguine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Deciding to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything at once or that you need to entirely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smokey squash, chorizo and red pepper linguine recipe. You can cook smokey squash, chorizo and red pepper linguine using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smokey Squash, Chorizo and Red Pepper linguine:
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Take 1 of red pepper.
- Provide 1 of medium white onion – really finely chopped.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- Provide 60 g of diced chorizo.
- You need 2 tsp of chipolte paste.
- Provide of Large handful of fresh chopped tomatoes.
- Use 1 tin of top quality chopped tomatoes.
- Get Handful of fresh basil leave chopped.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Take of Pasta of choice and Parmesan cheese to serve.
Instructions to make Smokey Squash, Chorizo and Red Pepper linguine:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c. Cut the squash into cubes. Place in a roasting tray. Coat in oil and season with salt and lots of black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes (or until soft). Midway through, add the chopped red pepper and roast with the squash..
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Heat a tbsp oil over a medium / low heat and slowly fry the onion for 10 minutes or until soft. Then add the garlic and fry for another 2 minutes. Turn up the heat to medium and add the chorizo and fry until it starts to release its oily juices. This will take about 5 minutes..
- Next add the chipotle paste and fry for a minute before adding the fresh tomatoes. Cook until soft. Finally add the tinned tomatoes plus 1/3 can of water. Season and simmer over a medium / low heat for 15 minutes..
- Cook your pasta of choice, according to the packet instructions. Drain, holding back some of the pasta water..
- Once the roasted vegetables are soft, remove from the oven and add to the sauce, along with the basil, seasoning and a little of the pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce..
- Serve with parmesan cheese..
If you find this Smokey Squash, Chorizo and Red Pepper linguine recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.