Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Simple French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The proper way to Do It.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to record what you eat during the day. Keeping a food journal makes it possible to recognize the foods you are eating as well as the foods you are not eating. One example is that, after following your nutrition for a few days you might realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats but not nearly enough organic nutrients. When you write everything down you’ll be able to see which parts of your diet must change as well as have a simpler time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
But what happens if you write every single thing down but still can’t figure out how to lose weight? There is a proper way and a wrong way to observe your food. A food journal is more than just a simple list of the foods you eat during a day. You need to keep track of various other very important information. Here are a few of the tips that can help you become far more successful at food tracking.
Record your mood when you eat. This can show you if you use meals to solve emotional issues. It will even identify the foodstuffs you select when you are in certain moods. Lots of us will reach intuitively for junk food when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to pick out healthy options when we feel happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for if you find yourself upset will help you stock similar but more healthy items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also begin talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple french onion soup recipe. You can cook simple french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Use 4 cups of sliced onions.
- Use 4 (10.5 ounce) of cans beef broth.
- Get 2 tablespoons of dry sherry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 4 slices of French bread.
- Use 4 slices of provolone cheese.
- You need 2 slices of Swiss cheese, diced.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Simple French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions..
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Heat the oven broiler..
- Ladle soup into oven safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly..
If you find this Simple French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.