Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spring Rolls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spring Rolls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spring rolls recipe. To make spring rolls you only need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spring Rolls:
- Take of Spring roll wrappers.
- Provide 1 of egg – beaten for sealing.
- You need of Filling.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of minced brown onions.
- Provide 3-4 tbsp of minced shiitake mushroom.
- You need of (Dried ones-soften in boiling water).
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped chicken.
- Get 1 tsp of corn flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Use 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Get 1 cup of shredded carrot.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded jicama.
- Provide of (Only if u have it).
- Take To taste of – Salt or chicken bouillon.
- You need of Optional : usually skip as i use oyster sauce.
Instructions to make Spring Rolls:
- Prepare ingredients (mince, chop, shred). Next prepare filling – start by heating cooking oil in a wok/pan. Sauté onions, add shiitake mushroom & stir for few minutes before adding chicken. Stir fry until chicken is cooked. Next, add a teaspon of corn flour. Stir. Then season with oyster sauce & sugar. Keep stiring. Note: cook filling over medium heat so it wont dry or burn. No water needed..
- Add shredded carrot last. Stir & cook for only a minute or less (just to combine) Not more. Overcooked carrot (or veggie) will turn mushy & soggy when fried thus will make your rolls lose their crispiness & more absorb oil (NOTE: If using both carrot & jicama (squeeze liquid out), add one extra tbsp of oyster sauce & use 1 tsp of sugar instead of half tsp. Add Both vegetables last & cook for a minute or less. Taste & adjust..
- To assemble – Peel one wrapper at a time & Cover the rest with a damp tea towel to avoid it from drying. Place a spoonful of filling at the center of the wrapper & fold sides of the wrapper neatly. Avoid putting too much filling, a tsp will do. Seal/glue the edge or corner end of the wrapper with beaten egg. Repeat until finish. Refer to pic below on how to fold the wrapper..
- To fry – Use enough oil to deep fry these rolls. Fry over medium high heat first. Too low of heat will cause rolls absorbing oil. After the first batch, turn to medium heat. Do not crowd the pan. These rolls turn brown quite fast. Turn/flip rolls to brown both sides. Remove immediately once both sides are LIGHTLY brown. Dont wait until it turns dark. Rolls still continue to cook even after that. Serve with sweet chilli sauce or thai chilli sauce (We usually make our own sauce)..
If you find this Spring Rolls recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.