Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cauliflower Filo Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cauliflower Filo Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything instantly or that you have to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cauliflower filo pie recipe. To make cauliflower filo pie you only need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cauliflower Filo Pie:
- Use of About 10 balls of frozen spinach.
- Take 175 g of fresh or frozen sweet potato and/or butternut squash.
- You need Pack of chestnut mushrooms.
- Get Pack of shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of About 6 cloves of garlic.
- Take of About half a pack of filo pastry.
- Provide 1 of whole cauliflower and leaves.
- Take of Olive oil for roasting/ basting.
- Get Knob of butter optional (leave out for vegan/ use alternative).
- Get of Herbs/Spices of your choosing, I used:.
- Use of Tarragon and thyme for mushrooms.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes and paprika for butternut squash/ sweet potato.
- Prepare of Grating of nutmeg in spinach.
- Prepare of Turmeric, cumin, paprika for cauliflower.
- Provide of Liberal salt and pepper throughout.
Instructions to make Cauliflower Filo Pie:
- Heat oven to 180..
- Remove bottom of stalk from cauliflower and discard. Remove leaves, wash and put to one side for use later. Place cauliflower in salted water and bring to boil. Simmer gently until just tender. Carefully remove and place upright in a roasting dish. Leave to one side..
- Cook spinach according to instructions. Mix with some butter and seasoning to taste as well as spices for spinach mentioned above..
- Wipe and chop mushrooms roughly. Place in roasting dish with olive oil and herbs mentioned above. Put whole garlic cloves in tray. Roast until well cooked and flavourful..
- Roast butternut squash/ sweet potato with spices mentioned above until nicely caramelised..
- Put the spinach, mushrooms and butternut squash to one side once cooked until ready for assembly. Take roasted garlic out of skins and chop roughly..
- Mix 2 tbsps of olive oil with spices for cauliflower mentioned above and baste cauliflower. Also add some butter to roasting tray. Roast for about 25- 30 mins basting regularly and add cauliflower leaves with some chilli flakes when there is about 10 mins left to go..
- Get a cake tin with removable sides preferably and grease with olive oil. Overlap about half a pack of filo leaving the sides hanging over the tin (you will fold these up over the top at the end) and make sure the tin is covered with no gaps. NB do the filo when you are ready to assemble as it dries out quickly and becomes brittle..
- Assemble as follows:.
- Place roasted cauliflower in middle and place leaves around. Fold up filo over the top and paint with leftover spiced oil from roasting..
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes watching closely as it will burn quickly. Add chopped almonds on top if desired a few minutes before finished roasting. Remove side of tin and cut in wedges to serve..
- Enjoy with a vegetable gravy and roast potatoes to serve..
If you find this Cauliflower Filo Pie recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.