Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Skillet recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Skillet recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Skillet recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods Really As Good quality As They are Made Out To Be?.
You are becoming what you put inside your body. If you concentrate on it, this makes sense. For example, meats including poultry have amino acids which are vital as they could help to repair muscle tissue. So be cautious with the foodstuff you eat as it could really make a difference. Understanding of how our diet effects our health as well as the nutrition we need has led to more folks eating superfoods. So what constitutes as a superfood. In simple terminology, some food is good for us and some not so beneficial. Antioxidants in nutritional food helps our immune system where unhealthy foods have little value and could make you fat. Superfoods, as you will have guessed, come under good fare.
In the end, the body needs the right nutritional foods to carry on. Carbohydrates create energy for your body, protein is essential to the health of the body’s cells and a particular level of fats is required. Of course, to add to all this you can not survive without water. There are other nutrients, like vitamins and minerals which you’ll need but are harder to get into your diet. There are two forms of cholesterol, good and bad, and the fatty acid Omega-3 can counter the effects in the bad one. Omega-3 is found in salmon, that is classed as a superfood because it includes this fatty acid and it’s a very good source of protein. One more advantage of Omega-3 as you age is how it includes a positive effect on your brain’s health. Numerous superfoods contain Omega-3 including nuts, seeds and various kinds of fish.
It now seems to be a good time to begin consuming some superfoods to obtain the healthy positives of many of the minerals, vitamins and other necessary nutrients they contain.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion skillet recipe. You can cook french onion skillet using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Skillet:
- Provide 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Use of Dense bread, cubed, enough to cover bottom of cast iron skillet.
- Get 1-2 cups of cubed, shredded, minced, sliced meat of your choice.
- Provide 1 (10 1/2 oz.) of can French Onion soup.
- Prepare 6-8 oz. of Sour cream.
- Get 8 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Provide of Optional:.
- Get of Mushrooms.
- Use of Onions.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- Prepare of Substitions:.
- Prepare of Bread cubes can be substituted with boxed stuffing mixes.
- Get of Provolone or Swiss work as alternative cheese options.
- Get of Beef broth can sub for French onion soup.
Instructions to make French Onion Skillet:
- I pulled everything out of my fridge and pantry that needed to be used up TODAY. Then I tapped my foot with my hands on my hips, tilted my head and chewed on my lip, wrinkled my forehead and…. Well this is where I ended up…..
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in an iron skillet, or an oven proof skillet. I use a skillet because I'm going to cook, stick in the fridge and reheat after my kids basketball game..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube bread into 1" or hearty bite sized pieces, needs to hold up during saucing process but not so big you need to cut it up later..
- Once butter has melted and just started to brown, throw in the bread, move around to cover the bottom of the skillet but do not toss it. You want an even layer of buttered, slightly fried bread. Remove from heat once bread has started to brown..
- Next, top with meat. I minced up some leftover steak in my food processor and sprinkled it all over. With the flavor combinations in this recipe, red meat definitely works best, but you do not have to mince the meat, just avoid large pieces that will require additional cutting at serving time..
- Then I pulled out some leftover canned mushrooms.. Sighed… I went to the store today, failed to buy some fresh fungi and this is what I'm left with. Which, as I took the picture I had the realization they may be the ugliest of the foods. Proceed to chop the mushrooms, continue to contemplate using a grocery list…. Sprinkle those ugly little pieces of yumminess on top the bread and steak skillet..
- In a bowl whisk 1 can French onion soup and 8 oz. of sour cream together. If you only have a partial container of sour cream, just add some milk or cream to make up the difference..
- Pour the sour cream mixture on top of the skillet meal you have assembled..
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes..
- Shred 8 oz. of mozzarella or as much cheese as you want, or until your arm gets tired, or until you hit your knuckle on the cheese grater…. Probably works to tear open a package of shredded cheese too… I didn't buy any at the store today… Grocery lists people….
- Now decide how soon you're going to eat… If you are hungry go ahead and top the skillet with the cheese and pop it back in the oven for a couple minutes or let it sit covered while you pull together the rest of your meal. For me this is a make ahead meal, so I shredded my cheese on a piece of foil. Then I wrapped it up in a little pouch and threw it in the fridge with the cooled, prepared skillet. "Threw" may not be the appropriate verb here..
- Later….. I pull skillet out of fridge, top with cheese, cover with foil, and heat on the stove top over a medium low heat… While trying to get my kids to shower and put away their sports gear and I try to find my cork screw and wine (which strangely enough I remembered without a grocery list….) Hmmmm……
- Enjoy :).
If you find this French Onion Skillet recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.