Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Bak Chang (rice dumplings) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bak Chang (rice dumplings) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bak chang (rice dumplings) recipe. To cook bak chang (rice dumplings) you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bak Chang (rice dumplings):
- You need 40 pcs of fresh bambu leaf.
- Take 500 gm of glutinous rice (soak in water over night).
- Provide 200 gm of Dried lotus seeds (soak in warm water for 30min).
- Use 200 gm of Dried shiitaki mushrooms (soak in warm water for 30min).
- Use 200 gm of dried shrimps.
- Use 3 of Chinese sausages (slice into thin slices).
- Get 20 of long strings (30cm to 40cm).
- Take of Wok sauce ingredients.
- Take 0.5 dl of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 dl of dark mushrooms soya.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- Get 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Take 2 of sweet soya sauce.
- Use 1 tablespoon of white pepper.
- Take of Boiling needs.
- Take of Rice cooker or 5 liter pot and stove.
- Get 4 liter of water.
Steps to make Bak Chang (rice dumplings):
- Strain out all water from rice, lotus seeds and shiitaki mushrooms..
- Heat up the frying pan, add in sesame oil and continue add in the glutinous rice, lotus seeds, mushrooms and dried shrimps. Stir well until all combine. (keep the Chinese sausages, will use it later on wrapping part).
- Then pour in all the sauce ingredients. Wok a while around 8min. Then put it a side..
- Time to start wrap the rice in the bambu leaf. Put 2 leaves together and twist into cone shape. Take first spoon of the wok rice put into the bambu cone then add in the sausages slices then cover up again with another 2 spoon of wok rice..
- Wrap it over then use the string to tight it up. After all done. Boiled up the water in the pot. Add in all the dumplings into the pot, in hight heat for 2 hours boiling, then is ready..
If you find this Bak Chang (rice dumplings) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.