Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods Actually As Good quality As They are Made Out To Be?.
What you devour, is who you are. That is so right. For instance, amino acids absorbed because of eating meat can be utilized by the body in repairing muscular tissues. The same goes for all other foods, so it is important that you simply dine appropriately. Folks these days are eating more ‘superfoods’ as these foods have been publicized to boost your wellbeing and provide you with plenty of essential nutrients. So what is considered being a superfood. In easy language, some food is superior for us and some not so helpful. Antioxidants in nutritional food facilitates our immune system whereas unhealthy foods have little value and could make you fat. As you might guess, superfoods are viewed as the correct form of food.
One more important function of superfoods is how they help our immune systems. Your immune system is essential in keeping you well and garlic is definitely an case in point of a superfood that will help. Garlic can help lower the level of cholesterol within your blood as well. If you have a sensitive stomach then it is best to not consume garlic as it can inflame the lining. Green tea is an choice for you, especially if the thought of drinking lots of water, which as previously stated is a crucial factor in your overall health, is something you cannot do. If you think about the level of antioxidants it has and the actual fact it also has polyphenols, then green tea really is worth drinking. Moreover, it seems that green tea might have preventative qualities in stopping the growth of tumors.
So with their nutritional value and antioxidant qualities it is definitely a good idea to begin introducing some superfoods into your daily eating habits.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Use 4 of x cloves garlic.
- Take 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Provide 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- Provide 50 g of x Butter.
- Use 50 ml of x Brandy.
- Provide 200 ml of x white wine.
- Prepare 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 of x baguette.
- Use 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.