Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chawanmushi recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chawanmushi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chawanmushi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most probably buy many food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chawanmushi recipe. You can cook chawanmushi using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chawanmushi:
- Prepare 4 of prawn.
- Provide 2 of manget tout.
- Get 80 g of chicken thigh fillet.
- You need 2 of dried shiitake mushroom (or fresh shimeji mushroom).
- You need 4 of ginko nuts (precooked, optional).
- Take 1 of egg.
- You need 200 ml of dashi broth.
- Get 0.5 tsp of soy sauce (light colored, if possible)*.
- You need 0.5 tsp of mirin*.
- Use 1 pinch of salt*.
Steps to make Chawanmushi:
- Soak dried mushrooms in 250ml water for 15 -20 minutes. Squeeze the mushroom and cut each in four pieces. Cut the chicken into dices..
- Prepare dashi broth in a pot with the water used to soak shiitake. Cook the chicken in the dashi for 3-4 minutes. It does not need to be fully cooked. Take the chicken out, blanche the mange tout in the dashi briefly and take out. Leave the dashi to cool.
- Mix the egg in a bowl with soy sauce, mirin and salt. Pour the dashi in and gently run the mixture through a strainer..
- If you do not have Chawanmushi cups, use small teacups or custard cups. Place the chicken and half of the prawn, shiitake and ginko (optional) in each cup. Pour the mixture in gently to two third of the cups..
- Boil small amount of water in a shallow pot/pan, reduce to mid heat then place the cups in. Place a sheet of foil on the cups, place the lid and steam for 5 minutes. Open up briefly, place the remaining topping on and steam for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let it be for 5 minutes. Garnish with sliced manget tout before serving..
If you find this Chawanmushi recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.