Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Spinach Tart recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach Tart recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach Tart recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One wholesome alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach tart recipe. To make spinach tart you need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Spinach Tart:
- Get of FOR THE PASTRY:.
- Take 100 g of plain flour.
- Get 100 g of wholewheat flour.
- Take 100 g of butter.
- Prepare 4 tbls of water.
- You need 1 of little thyme.
- Prepare of salt / pepper.
- Prepare of FOR THE FILLING:.
- Use 400 g of fresh spinach, wilted/squeezed and chopped.
- Use 100 g of feta crumbled.
- You need 100 ml of single cream.
- Prepare 2 of red onions chopped and caramelised.
- Use 1 of egg.
- Take 20 g of grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 50 g of chopped baby plum tomatoes.
- You need of salt/pepper.
Instructions to make Spinach Tart:
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan assisted.
- To make the pastry, mix both flours, butter and the thyme together. Add the water and knead. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes..
- Whilst the pastry is chilling, prepare the filling..
- Wilt the spinach and once cool enough squeeze the water out with your hands and then chop roughly.
- Add a little oil to a pan and caramelise the red onions.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Once the pastry has chilled, remove from fridge and roll out and place in a loose bottom tin..
- Lightly prick the pastry and cover with parchment paper and add ceramic beads (ie bake blind) and place in the oven for 20 mins..
- After 20 mins, remove the ceramic beads and parchment paper and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once the pastry is done, remove from the oven and place the spinach mixture inside making sure the ingredients are spread out..
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 20 mins until golden brown..
If you find this Spinach Tart recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.