Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai beef salad (nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe. You can cook thai beef salad (nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ):
- You need 1 pack of (contains two) good quality beef steak or 1 large – sirloin at room temperature.
- Take To taste of salt and pepper, for seasoning the steak.
- Get 1 of large red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 10 of red or mixed colour plum or cherry tomatoes, chopped in half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- Get Half of a cucumber, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare of For the chilli sauce dressing:.
- Use 7-8 of fresh chillis, thinly sliced.
- Use 2 tablespoons of Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla).
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon or lime (depending on preference).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of palm sugar (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need 1/3 cup of water at room temperature (use more or less depending on preference).
- Take of For garnish:.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of white sesame seeds (not toasted).
- Take 1 teaspoon of rice, toasted.
- Provide of For serving:.
- Take 2 of baby gem lettuce, each of the leaves separated.
- Get 3-4 slices of lime/lemon wedges, for serving.
Steps to make Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ):
- Take the steak out the fridge, season with salt and pepper and let it come to room temperature..
- In the meantime peel the red onion and finely slice. Cut the tomatoes in half. Peel the cucumber, cut them in half and then into quarters. Then thinly slice the cucumber longways (optional). Place all of the chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Cover with cling film and set aside..
- Wash chillis and thinly slice. Transfer to a pestle and mortar, gently crush (to release the spiciness). Add fish sauce, lemon or lime juice, palm sugar and water to the mortar. Mix well and taste (adjust to taste, if too sweet add more fish sauce or if too salty, add more palm sugar). Taste should be the perfect balance of sweet, sour and hot. Transfer sauce to a bowl, cover with cling film and set aside. Wash the mortar, as it will be used later again, to crush the rice (if using)..
- On medium heat, add oil to a skillet or frying pan. Let it heat up. Add the steak to the pan and fry for a few minutes on both sides turning occasionally. Cook for about 7 minutes and remove from pan. Meat should be cooked medium rare to medium. Place on a wire rack to let the meat rest..
- In a small pan, place the uncooked rice and gently toast it on very low heat for a few minutes stirring occasionally until lightly golden brown. Turn off the heat as soon as the colour changes. You don't want toasted rice to look too dark and taste burnt. Place in mortar, set aside to let it cool. If not using rice then skip this step..
- Wash all of the baby gem lettuce and place in a colander. Drain all of the excess water. On a large plate or bowl, separate each of the baby gem lettuce leaves and set aside to be used later. Now crush the cooled down rice in the mortar and set aside..
- Transfer the rested steak meat onto a chopping board. Cut meat into half inch strips. Add meat to mixing bowl with chopped vegetables and mix together..
- Then add the chilli sauce dressing and mix well to coat all of the ingredients especially the meat, in order to soak in all of the flavours. At this stage, give it a sample taste to make sure the flavours are still balanced. Depending on if it is too sour or sweet, amend like in step 2..
- Add the mint leaves and incorporate well. Transfer the beef salad to a serving bowl and either place the baby gem lettuce behind the salad or onto a separate bowl or plate. Then add the toasted rice or the sesame seeds now as garnish..
- Thai waterfall beef salad can be eaten and served with glutinous sticky rice on the side, or a bowl of steamed rice. I also like to eat it with a Thai omelette. This helps cut through the spiciness of the salad. Serve with lime or lemon wedges on the side..
If you find this Thai beef salad (Nam tok – น้ำตกเนื้อ) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.