Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you probably buy a lot of food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican(ish) hearty salad recipe. You can have mexican(ish) hearty salad using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad:
- You need 1 kg of 5% fat minced beef.
- Take 200 g of dried bulgur wheat.
- Prepare 2 of large red onions.
- Use 4 of spring onions.
- Take 4 of beef (red) oxo cubes.
- Provide 100 g of fresh coriander.
- Take 500 g of baby plum tomatoes.
- Get 1 of whole cucumber.
- Get 2 tbsp of sauce*.
Instructions to make Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad:
- First cut the red onions coarsely and add to a very large (like wok sized) non stick pan..
- Add the minced beef and break up and stir together with the onions on high heat. You can cook the two together from raw and shouldn't need any added fat at all..
- Add the bulgur wheat to a separate pan, cover with plenty of water and boil /simmer. Bulgur wheat is pretty fool proof if you haven't used it before so just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't boil over or dry out..
- Top and tail the spring onions and slice finely, removing any damaged or muddy layers. Continue stirring the mince and onions as the mince browns and add the spring onions..
- Once the mince is browned, sprinkle in the oxo cubes and stir in..
- Next, add the coriander. I've found the easiest way is to hold a bunch at a time and cut with scissors straight in to the pan in approximately 1 inch lengths. Stir in to the mix..
- Add the sauce. *most tomato based sauces are 1 syn per tbsp on Slimming World, you can use any sauce you like, a smokey chipotle ketchup style sauce works really well or you could just use Worcestershire sauce to make it syn free..
- By now, everything should be cooked. Drain the bulgur wheat and mix in to the mince then keep it warm on a low simmer or with a lid..
- Chop the tomatoes in to halves and dice the cucumber. Add both to the mix and combine everything well. Allow to cool and then box up and refrigerate for some yummy lunches..
If you find this Mexican(ish) Hearty Salad recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.