Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steamed Savoury Turnip Meringue & Fish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Savoury Turnip Meringue & Fish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you need to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed savoury turnip meringue & fish recipe. To cook steamed savoury turnip meringue & fish you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Savoury Turnip Meringue & Fish:
- You need 1-2 of Turnip *about 300g, peeled and finely grated.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Potato Starch Flour.
- Use 1 of Large Egg White.
- Get 1-2 of White-meat Fish Fillet *about 200g.
- Use of Salt a pinch only.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Sake.
- Use 5 cm of Carrot *thinly sliced into strips.
- Prepare 2 of Shiitake Mushrooms *thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Edamame Beans (*removed from pods) OR Peas.
- Prepare of Spring Onion or Mitsuba for garnish.
- You need of <Sauce Ingredients>.
- Use 1 cup of Dashi Stock (OR Water 1cup & Dashi Powder 1/2 teaspoon).
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of MIrin.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of Potato Starch Flour.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Water.
Instructions to make Steamed Savoury Turnip Meringue & Fish:
- Cut the Fish Fillets into bite size and place in a bowl. Add a pinch of Salt and Sake to marinate for 10 minutes. Then place the Fish pieces in small heat-proof bowls, cups or ramekins that can be steamed..
- Peel the skin of Turnip(s) thickly as it is quite bitter near the skin. Then grate finely, place on a colander to drain excess liquid. It will look like snow..
- Beat the Egg White in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Add a pinch of Salt..
- Transfer the drained grated Turnip(s) in a large bowl, add Potato Starch Flour and vegetables, mix well to combine. Gently fold in the Egg White..
- Place the mixture over the Fish in the bowls, then cook in hot steamer or microwave oven. If you use steamer, cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish is cooked and the mixture is firm..
- While steaming, make the sauce. Place Dashi Stock, Salt, Soy Sauce and MIrin in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Mix Potato Starch and Water in a small bowl, add to the sauce gradually mixing constantly and let it thicken..
- Pour the sauce over the Steamed Turnip Meringue, place some chopped Spring Onion or Mitsuba leaves on top and serve HOT..
If you find this Steamed Savoury Turnip Meringue & Fish recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.