Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to king prawns with fenugreek (jheenga methi) recipe. You can have king prawns with fenugreek (jheenga methi) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi):
- Prepare 1 dozen of Raw King Prawns Per Person.
- Get 1/2 dozen of Spring Onions.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Fenugreek Leaves Chopped (or 1 Tsp Powdered Fenugreek).
- Take 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Get 2 of Kafir Lime Leaves.
- You need 1 of Squeeze Lime Juice.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 of Chopped Green Chilli.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Use 1 clove of Garlic Finely Chopped.
- You need 1 of Thumb Sized Piece Ginger Chopped.
- Take 1/2 bunch of Coriander – Chopped.
- Take 1/2 dozen of Baby Plum Tomatoes Chopped.
- Get 1/4 of Fennel Bulb, Sliced And Chopped.
- Get 3 tbsp of Coconut Milk.
Steps to make King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi):
- Place the prawns in a bowl with the lime juice, 2 tbsp water, half the salt and turmeric, all the red chilli powder. Mix, cover and chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour..
- If using fresh fenugreek leaves, soak them in a bowl of a little water so they lose the bitterness for 15 minutes. This time I only had powdered which I added to the pan later..
- Heat the oil in a hot pan, add the ginger, garlic, green chilli, finely chopped spring onions, sliced fennel. Sauté untill onions softened..
- Add to the pan the remainder of the turmeric and salt, the kafir lime leaves, the tomatoes, the fenugreek (powdered or fresh), 2 tbsp water and sauté for a further 2 minutes..
- Add to the pan the coriander, the marinated prawns, stir over the heat for a minute, then add the coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes or untill the prawns are cooked (they will turn from grey to pink in colour)..
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!.
If you find this King Prawns With Fenugreek (jheenga Methi) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.