Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Keeping Track of What exactly You Consume: How to Do It Correctly.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to record what you eat during the day. Keeping your meal journal not only helps you see clearly what you are consuming, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, once you keep a food journal for a few days you might notice that while you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. When you write every little thing down you are able to see which parts of your diet must change as well as have an easier time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
You need to be very specific when you write down the things that you are eating. It is not enough to simply record “salad” on a list. Write down all the ingredients in the salad as well as the type of dressing you used. You should include the amount of the food you consume. “Cereal” is not very good, but “one cup Shredded Wheat” can be. It is vital to remember that the bigger your portions, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
What type of mood are you in whenever you eat? Write it down! This really helps to demonstrate whether or not you decide on food as a response to emotional issues. This will likely show you whether or not you gravitate toward particular foods based on your mood. Many individuals will reach for junk foods whenever we are worried, angry or depressed and will be more likely to choose healthier options when we are happy or content. When you pay attention to how you eat during your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier options around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. To cook vidalia french onion soup you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- Take 1 1/2 pounds of Vidalia onion — sliced paper thin.
- Prepare 2 ounces of butter.
- Get 50 ounces of Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty).
- Provide 4 ounces of dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom).
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 4 slices of toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:).
- Take 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Provide of Salt and pepper — to taste at the end of the cooking process.
Steps to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1/2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious..
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning..
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues..
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now).
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings..
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned..
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor.
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.