Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oden: Japanese One-Pot Dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oden: Japanese One-Pot Dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have countless options. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Probably the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. The fact is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you’ll be able to reach for. It contains a lot of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, based on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to oden: japanese one-pot dish recipe. You can cook oden: japanese one-pot dish using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Oden: Japanese One-Pot Dish:
- Get 1 of medium daikon.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- Provide of shiitake mushroom.
- You need of various types of fish cake.
- You need 7 cups of dashi.
- Get 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- Take 2 tablespoon of sake.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Take of salt to taste.
- Provide 2 of – 4 cabbage rolls.
- Provide 1 block of konjac.
- Provide of Oden Dipping Sauce.
- Take 3 tablespoon of Ketchup.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of miso.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dashi.
- Get 1 teaspoon of or more wasabi to your liking.
Instructions to make Oden: Japanese One-Pot Dish:
- To make dashi stock, please refer to this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppi5498XeDE&t=3s) for step-by-step instruction. After you make the dashi, don’t throw away the kombu. You can use them to make the kombu tie. Just cut them into thin strips and tie a knot in the middle..
- You can also use cabbage rolls in oden. (Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmnnuHRxE8g&t=0s).
- If you use dried shiitake mushrooms in your oden, reconstitute the mushrooms before using them..
- To prepare the konjac cake, first, slid shallowly on both the top and bottom side. Next, cut the konjac cake into smaller pieces. After that, boil the konjac cake for 2 minutes to get rid of the konjac smell. Take out and set aside..
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes on low heat. When the time is up, take the eggs out and chill in an ice bath. After the eggs are cool off, peel the shell. Gently poke holes around the eggs and then set them aside..
- With the daikon and carrot, peel off the skin and cut into about 1″ thick. Make a small slid in the middle to help to absorb the flavors. Next, boil the carrot and daikon on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Take out and set aside..
- To make the tofu mochi pouches, you’ll need to get the aburrage, the Japanese fried tofu pouches and the kirin mochi. Cut the fried tofu pouches in half. Cut the kirin mochi in quarters. Next, stuff the kirin mochi in the tofu pouch and insert a toothpick to close it off..
- If you can find the fish cake rolls that are hollow in the middle, insert a stalk of green onion into the fish cake roll. Cut off the excess on both ends. Then cut the fish cake into smaller pieces..
- With other premade fish cakes you can find in the supermarket, simply cut them into smaller sizes. Any shapes that you prefer..
- To make the oden dipping sauce, in a clean bowl, add 1 tbsp of miso, 3 tbsp of ketchup, and 1 tbsp dashi. If you want to make your sauce spicy, you can add 1 tsp of wasabi and mix well..
- In a clean pot, add 7 cups of dashi. Next, add the cabbage rolls, daikon, carrot, konjac cake, hard-boiled egg, and shiitake mushroom. The rule is to put the root vegetables and the ingredients that would take longer to cook and absorb the flavor first..
- Next, add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of mirin, 2 tbsp of sake and 1/2 tsp of sugar. Bring it to a boil.
- When the broth starts to boil, cover with a lid and adjust the heat to medium-high and boil for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, add the various fish cakes that you have. Cover again and boil for another 5 minutes..
- After 5 minutes, add the kombu tie and cook for 5 more minutes. When the time is up, you’re done..
- Transfer your oden into a large serving bowl, or a donabe pot if you have one. And serve with the oden dipping sauce. You can also cook oden directly in a donabe pot. Just make sure to adjust the amount of ingredients to the size of your donabe pot.
If you find this Oden: Japanese One-Pot Dish recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.