Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One nutritious substitute that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chawanmushi (japanese savoury egg custard) recipe. To cook chawanmushi (japanese savoury egg custard) you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard):
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of soya sauce.
- Use 1/2 of chicken breast, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2-3 of mushrooms, sliced (I used Shimeji mushrooms).
- Provide 1/2 of carrot, sliced.
- Provide 3 tbsp. of spring onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of prawns, deveined & cleaned.
- You need as per taste of salt & pepper.
Steps to make Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard):
- Marinate the chicken cubes and the prawns with a pinch of salt and pepper powder for 5 minutes..
- In a bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Add the stock, soya sauce, pinch of pepper and salt. Mix and strain the egg mix..
- Take 3-4 small ramekins / bowls / cups. Place some chicken cubes in each of them..
- Pour the strained egg mix over it. (Fill only 3/4 of the cup)..
- Place some sliced mushrooms, spring onion and carrots..
- Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and steam for 5 minutes..
- Remove the foil & place the prawns in each ramekins. Cover with foil again & steam for 5 more minutes. Turn the heat off and let it remain covered for 5 minutes..
- Now it is ready to enjoy..
- Serve them with a sprinkle of some pepper if you wish..
If you find this Chawanmushi (Japanese Savoury Egg Custard) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.