Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt can be a snack a lot of people neglect. Occasionally people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, nevertheless. Along with calcium, it’s a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic gourmet vegan udon noodles recipe. To cook authentic gourmet vegan udon noodles you need 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles:
- Use 5 of dried Shiitake mushrooms (dried weight 20-30g).
- Prepare 12 g of Kombu (dried kelp).
- Prepare 20 g of dried soybeans.
- Provide 2 g of Kanpyo (Dried Gourd Strips).
- Provide of Udon noodles for two people.
- Get of Condiments of your choice, such as chopped scallions, grated ginger, grated daikon and nori.
- Use of SEASONING "A" for the Shiitake.
- Provide 30 ml of Mirin.
- Use 30 ml of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of grain vinegar (such as Japanese Rice Vinegar).
- Use of SEASONING "B" for the KAESHI or seasoning for the Udon Dashi broth).
- You need of ◎ 40ml Soy sauce.
- Take of ◎ 15g brown sugar.
- Get of ◎ 15ml Mirin.
- Get of SEASONING "C" for the leftover Konbu, Soybean, Konpyo & Shiitake Stems.
- Prepare of ○ 50ml water.
- Get of ○ 1 Tbsp soy sauce.
- Prepare of ○ 2 tsp Mirin.
Instructions to make Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles:
- Soak the Kombu in water for 30 minutes and then cut finely. Kombu Dashi will further deepen from the cut surfaces..
- Heat the frying pan, and roast the dried soybeans over low heat until golden brown. The sound will change from a dry metallic sound to a kind of muffled sound. When the sound changes back to the original dry metallic sound, they are done..
- Soak the Kombu and roasted soybeans in water overnight. Rinse the dried Shiitake and place it in water in a separate bowl and soak overnight in the fridge..
- Use the water to rehydrate the Kombu-soybean and Shiitake which creates dashi. Use 350ml of the Kombu-soybean dashi and add 300ml of the Shiitake Dashi. You will need a total of 650ml of the two dashi so adjust liquid levels as needed..
- Add the Kanpyo to (4.), and heat with Shiitake, Kombu, and soybeans, and bring to a boil. Boil on high heat for two minutes and remove the scum..
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes. While cooling, the Dashi will further emerge..
- Strain the Dashi from (6.). You will need a total of 440ml. Add more water if less than 440ml (The Dashi leftover soybeans, kanpyo & konbu make a delicious side dish, so after straining, set the leftovers aside to use latter)..
- Remove the Shiitake stems (you will use them later) and slice the Shiitake caps into 5mm strips..
- Place 300ml of the 420ml Dashi from (7.) into a pot and add the Shiitake caps, with Seasonings "A" (Mirin, soy sauce, and vinegar). Boil for a short while and remove the scum..
- Simmer on low heat for another ten minutes to reduce to about 180ml, then remove and allow to cool. After ten minutes, take out the boiled Shiitake only. You will use the remaining 180ml of this Dashi later in Step 12..
- Place the Seasonings "B" in a separate pot. Because the amounts are small, make the Kaeshi by tilting the pan over low heat and mixing well with chopsticks until the sugar melts..
- Add 180ml of the leftover Dashi from which you removed the simmered Shiitake in (10.), and 140ml of the remaining dashi from (7.) and the Kaeshi Seasoning from (11.)..
- Chill the soup from (12.). You should have approximately 350ml of Udon soup. As it cools, the taste will mellow, and over time the Umami taste will become deeper..
- Cut off only the hard part of the Shiitake stems and cut into small pieces to make them easier to eat. Along with the leftover soybean, konbu, and kanpyo mix Seasonings "C" and simmer until only a little Dashi remains..
- Boil the Udon noodles and eat with the Udon Dashi from (13.). The Udon Dashi can be served chilled, room temperature of hot depending on the season and your preference. Enjoy the boiled Shiitake, the boiled items from (14.), and condiments of your choice such as chopped green scallions, grated ginger, grated Daikon, and Nori..
- Traditionally, the boiled Udon Noodles and Udon Dashi are served separately. The Udon Noodles are dipped into the Dashi and eaten slurped down. Condiments are usually added to the Dashi in small quantities. Japanese like to add just enough condiments for one mouthful to enjoy various taste combinations for the Udon meal. Of course, you are also welcome to add the Shiitake and/or the Leftover Dashi Ingredients to the Udon Dashi or eaten separately as a side dish..
If you find this Authentic Gourmet Vegan Udon Noodles recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.