Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty Pumpkin Congee recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Pumpkin Congee recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Vitality.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Probably the most popular snack foods is natural yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch is not a good idea. You can not beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich source of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt combines beautifully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty pumpkin congee recipe. To make hearty pumpkin congee you only need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Take 3/4 cup of rice.
- You need 7 cup of water.
- Use 2 of chicken thighs.
- You need 200 g of pork for different texture.
- Take 1/2 of small size pumpkin.
- Get 5-6 of baby corn.
- You need 4-6 of button portobellos.
- Use 3 of shitake mushrooms.
- Take of White pepper.
- Provide of Salt.
- Take of Pickled mustard, 榨菜.
- Get of Soy sauce.
- Get of Chicken oil or cooked oil.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Take of Corn starch.
Steps to make Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Wash and freeze rice. Yes, freezer to accelerate cooking afterwards. Can even make congee for dinner after a long day at work..
- Soak shitake mushrooms..
- Add 7 cups of water, and rice together. 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil..
- Turn heat down to rolling boil when covered (small opening to prevent boil over if tight lid). Boil for 40 minutes, stir occasionally, more so towards the end..
- Cut chicken thighs into long narrow strips, 3mm wide x thickness of the thigh. Marinate with soy sauce, white pepper and touch of sesame oil..
- Cut pork into 2x2mm strips, or mince. Marinate with salt, soy sauce, corn starch, touch of cooking oil..
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2 inch cubes. (Smaller if prefer to have more dissolved) Add to congee after 20 minute boil..
- Cut baby corn length-wise into 8ths, then in half..
- Cut shitake mushrooms, pickled mustard, and button portobellos mushrooms into thin strips..
- After boiling the congee for 40 minutes (20 with the pumpkin), or until desired consistency. Add baby corn, shitake, portobellos, and pickled mustard..
- Turn up the heat to a medium-high for a strong boil. Add meats and quickly separate for even cooking. The meats will stop the boiling but will reboil quickly from the high heat. Once reboil turn heat off and cover for 3 minutes..
- Dress with chicken oil or cooked oil. Salt and white pepper to taste. Serve hot!.
If you find this Hearty Pumpkin Congee recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.